The International Animation Film Festival "Animur" (hereinafter referred to as "the Festival") is held for the first time and is a show contest of professional Russian and foreign animation (mainly from the countries of the Asia-Pacific region).
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Dates of the Festival: September 30 — October 02, 2022
Venue: Russia, Khabarovsk.
Festival’s official website: animur.ru
The format is full-time, annual.II. FESTIVAL’S GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Goals of the Festival are as follows: to acquaint Russian viewers with the best examples of foreign animation of the Asia-Pacific countries and Russian animation; presentation of the most significant works of masters of recent years; popularization of animation as one of the most modern and dynamically developing art forms; formation of the audience and a new generation of animators in the Far East.
Objectives of the Festival:
- development of international cooperation, cultural exchange and strengthening of ties between talented animators, directors;
- creating a unified creative environment for an effective dialogue of cultures of the Asia-Pacific region;
- identification and support of young talents, development of modern drama and film production methods, creation of conditions for the exchange of experience and ideas;
- attracting the attention of children and youth to animation art and its moral education;
- popularization of the Khabarovsk Krai as a modern and dynamically developing territory;
III. FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS
The organizers of the Festival is the Khabarovsk Regional Nonprofit Organization "Development of Animation Art in the Khabarovsk Krai", Ministry of Culture of the Khabarovsk Region.
The Festival is held with the support of the Khabarovsk Krai Government and the Presidential Foundation for Cultural Initiatives.
The Festival’s operational structure.
The President of the Festival performs representative functions at all levels.
The Guardianship Board is a collective advisory body that exercises public control over the work of the Festival. It consists of representatives of state authorities, authoritative professionals in various fields of culture, sponsors of the Festival.
The Organizing Committee of the Festival is the executive body responsible for:
- material and technical support of the Festival’s activities within the Festival budget;
- attraction of additional sources of financial and material resources for the implementation of statutory activities;
- planning and coordination of work on the preparation and holding of the Festival;
- interaction with organizations and officials involved in the preparation and holding of the Festival;
- approval of the Festival program, schedule of film screenings and events, cost estimates;
- formation of the Festival jury;
- announcing and media coverage of the Festival’s events during the entire period of its operation.
IV. FESTIVAL PROGRAM
The formation of the Festival program takes place in the period from June 1 to September 1, 2022 by the Festival Management. The publication of the full program of the Festival on the official website of the Festival takes place no later than 3 weeks before the start of the Festival. The Festival consists of competitive and non-competitive programs.
Competitive programs include:
- International Competition of Animation Short Films
- International Competition of Animation Series
Non-competitive programs include:
- Full-length Animation Films
- Animation Short Films representing various themes, plots, trends, works of individual animation studios, directors (retrospectives, tributes)
- Program of master classes
- Business program consisting of discussions, creative meetings, lectures, round tables
- special contests and promotions
V. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL (COMPETITION)
- Submission of applications for the competition is carried out through the form posted on the Festival page on the website animur.ru
- Deadline for submitting applications for the competition: June 01 — August 10, 2022.
- Deadline for announcing the results of selection of international competitions: after August 1, 2022.
- No fee for submitting a film to the Festival competition.
- Films selected for the competition will be shown without payment to the authors for showing.
- Films with a duration of 1 to 30 minutes are accepted for the competition.
- Films submitted for the competition should be created no earlier than January 1, 2020.
- Russian films are accepted in the original language. The presence of English subtitles is desirable, but not necessary.
- Foreign films are accepted in English, and/or with English subtitles.
- Each film selected for the Festival can be included in the program of only one competition. The final decision on the inclusion of the film in a particular competition is reserved by the program directorate.
- The Festival does not consider unfinished works.
- Films selected for the competition can be shown within the framework of competitive programs no more than 5 times on the territory of the Khabarovsk Krai for 3 days during the Festival.
- Applicants for the Festival guarantee that their work does not contain copyrighted material, the rights to use which they do not own.
- The Festival does not impose any restrictions on the film in terms of the premiere status or its availability on the Internet.
- The Festival assumes the costs of accommodation of nonresident participants of the Festival’s competitive programs in a hotel, no more than 3 days during the Festival.
- The Festival does not cover the costs of purchasing air tickets, train tickets to/from Khabarovsk, taxis to/from the airport to the city, as well as food costs during the duration of the Festival participant’s stay in Khabarovsk.
- For the dissemination of information and promotion of the Festival in any media, the Festival reserves the right to use any episode from the film of the competition program lasting no more than 60 seconds. During the preparation and holding of the Festival, episodes (teasers, trailers) of selected films can be shown at festival venues, in TV commercials advertising the Festival, on the Festival website and in multimedia presentations.
- The Festival reserves the right to use film footage in promotional materials (festival catalog, festival magazine, flyers, posters, billboards, website and multimedia presentations), as well as to provide them to the media in order to disseminate information about the Festival.
VI. FESTIVAL JURY
- Only one Jury at the Festival:
- The Jury consists of three or four people closely related to the art of animation.
- The list of Jury members is formed from June 1 to August 10, 2022. The announcement of the names of the Jury members takes place no later than 4 weeks before the start of the Festival.
- The members of the Jury choose the chairman at their first meeting.
- Films created by the Jury members are not eligible to participate in any of the competition programs that they judge.
- The Jury’s decisions are final.
- The Jury announces the results at the closing ceremony of the Festival on October 2, 2022.
Based on the results of its work, the Jury awards the following prizes:
- Grand Prix for the best Animation Film
- Special Jury Prize
- Prize for the best professional animation film in the age category 0+
- Prize for the best professional animation film in the age category 6+
- Prize for the best professional animation film in the age category 12+
- Prize for the best professional animation film in the 18+ age category
- Prize for the best episode of the series for children (up to 12 years old)
- Prize for the best episode of a TV series for teenagers (over 12 years old)
- Audience Award (all contests)
- Prize of the Festival Directorate (all competitions)
The winners of the Festival will be notified of the receipt of the prize at the closing ceremony (if present at it) or after its completion.
The Festival sends prizes to the filmmakers by courier at its own expense. If a representative of the winning film is present at the closing ceremony, the prize is transferred to him for self-delivery to the destination.
VIII. THE COMPOSITION OF THE FESTIVAL PARTICIPANTS
The composition of the Festival participants is formed from:
- directors or representatives of film crews participating in the competition program of the Festival (one person from each film);
- creative animation workers invited by the Organizing Committee;
- special guests (including those from foreign countries) invited by the Organizing Committee, whose activities contribute to the development of Russian and world animated cinema.
IX. MATERIALS AND COPIES OF FILMS
- Deadline for providing complete information about the film and the video file in the required quality: until September 01, 2022.
- The Festival requests to provide copies of films in the form of 4K video files (3840×2160), in its absence — full HD (1920×1080) without black bars and/or cropping, encoded using the H264 video codec, with the extension *.mp4. Audio — generalstereomix (2.0). If there is no h264 version of the movie, the ProRes/DCP/BluRay formats are allowed.
- The Festival also requests to provide three (3) frames of the CMYK 300 dpi film, a description of the film, dialog sheets (with timecodes or a file. srt with English subtitles) and links to the movie trailer (if available). The description of the film includes a synopsis, duration, country of production, production studio, year of release, the names of directors, artists, producers, composer, animation technique used, as well as a list of prizes of the film and information about its participation in competitions of other festivals.
- Film copies provided for the Festival in Khabarovsk can also be used in other cities of Russia as part of special screenings of the Festival. The Festival notifies about this on a case-by-case basis.
- If the Festival does not provide the required copy of the film in the proper format within the specified time, the selected work is excluded from the competition program of the Festival.
Confirmation of participation in the Festival program implies the consent of the Festival participant with these Regulations.
Festival’s Organizing Committee:
Festival’s President: Ilya Kuznetsov;
Festival’s Director: Dubovskaya Aleksandra Vladimirovna;
Program Director — Sycheva Alyona Sergeevna;
Creative Director — Sakhno Konstantin Sergeevich;
Creative Director — Merkulova Svetlana Aleksandrovna
Festival’s Official Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +7 (914) 546−05−32